Sunday 16 November 2014

Independent writing

Today for journal writing the children were such fantastic risk takers!! They all tried their very best to write their sentences all by themselves. I was so excited to see so many independent writers. The children were very enthusiastic and all morning our classroom was filled with letters, letter sounds and words. I asked the children at the beginning to be very brave and even when you get to a word that you don't know how to write I want you to check around the classroom to see if you can find it. If you don't see it, then say the word a few times.  After this write down all the letters that you hear when you say the word. I was so proud of them all!!  We even remembered to use our poem to help us put in the fullstops.

Fullstop
I am a fullstop
I look just like a dot
Every time you see me you must stop!

Check out our independent writers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment